Monday, April 27, 2015

#ExpessLove






Photos by: Tess Ware
{Shop the links below!}
Striped Top: Old similar here and here {under $6!}| Kimono: Express {OBSESSED} | Denim: Nordstrom {going fast, $66!} also here | Shoes: Nordstrom love these here | White Clutch: Wish list here | Sunnies: Karen Walker | Necklace: Similar here 

Phew, as I'm settling into bed and of course playing catch up, I can't help but to feel overwhelming joy. Although this weekend was go, go go, I started it with family and ended it with family {#blessed}. So, here is my weekend recap. It started off with my wonderful mama shopping for wedding center pieces {and of course shopping}. I've said it before and I'll say it again..wedding planning thus far as been so fun! 

With the big details blowing in the wind...there still comes the small details. Everyone says, "It's the big things that count." or "No one pays attention to the small details." All of which are probably accurate...except when your OCD about the "small details" and you were born OVER-observant. Yes, dramatic but {#truelife} I'm a perfectionist. So here comes my melt down rant...{don't worry it won't last. I'll be off making a new mental list}. I feel way over my head with these small details. Nothing is more rewarding then checking an item off the to do list..but nothing is more overwhelming when adding five more! What's that saying...one step forward...two steps back? NAILED IT. 

What keeps a girl grounded in a time of weddingwhelmness {Yes, I made that word up}? Family, friends, and the "little details" of life. I realize while my mind may be full....my heart can as well. Translation... when my heart is full, my mind becomes less of a distraction and block because I know at the end of the day...I get to marry my best friend...with the most important family and friends a girl could ask for! 

Side distraction...isn't this location magical? Of course my photographer never disappoints {Tess you my girl}! I'm loving mixed prints this season! I feel like my five year old self again, when mom was away, and dad would say "you can pick out what you want to wear today." To say the least...I'm still learning...but challenge accepted. 

Thanks for following along in this beautiful chaos I call life! 
xo 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover