Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Week 20 + Our Family Reveal


Pictures by: Tess Ware {Special thank you for keeping this a secret + surprise!} 

Dress: Old-Similar here | Pregnancy Announcement Onesie: Etsy {Crafty Southern Nurse} | Baby Reveal Card: Esty {Wolvesn Willows} 

Y'all we're 20 weeks into our pregnancy and it has been nothing short of amazing! I seriously can't stop doting over how unbelievable it's to have a small human growing inside my tummy. For all you wondering, YES I began to feel baby a couple days ago and I'll I can say is baby A is certainly active!   #nextgoldmedalist?!

When it came down to revealing our big news-I wanted everything to be special. Our family has experienced some pretty great losses and having the opportunity to bring new life into this world was and still is something very raw and overwhelming {a good overwhelming}. I'll try to keep the sappy part short. I find myself crying some happy-some sad tears when it comes to life's big moments. Moments that I want so badly for my dad to be a part of. I know and am a firm believer that I along with my family have one amazing man watching over us, hearing our laugher, and joining in our happiness. I want nothing more in life than to be the best example to my children, just like my father, and just like my loving mother. 

While waiting six weeks to share our news with family wasn't an easy thing....I knew their reactions would be worth the wait. The first person to know was Tess-the beautiful/talented photographer behind Smitten By You {sorry mom}! Every moment in life-signifcant or small is worth the capture. Photos tell a story far beyond our years and that to me is simply amazing. I wanted to capture and keep this particular moment forever. Tess-thank you!

The reveal: Dustin and I both wanted to surprise our parents in person. For my mom-I ordered this adorable "will you be my Meme" onsesie from the Crafty Southern Nurse {Brittney} through Etsy here. I was super impressed with the quality and the timely manner in which it was received! I also included this super fun reveal card here that read "shopping buddy coming soon!" because...well, I think y'all know why ;) 

To convince my mom {which wasn't hard-we hang out a lot} I convinced her there was a junkin' show in town that we couldn't miss out on. Sadly that was false..who doesn't love to go junkin' for treasures?! Little did I know, my grandma was visiting from AR and got to be a part of the reveal as well! Pretty awesome! 

Anyways-I've been terrible about getting wedding pictures printed off and promised my mom copies asap {which I STILL have yet to do...slacker I know-one of these days}! So, I told her I had a gift for all of her help with our deck {we stained for an entire week-NEVER AGAIN}. From there the pictures tell all. She was completely surprised and I'll never forget her reaction. She said, "you know what? I had a feeling. The other weekend you said you weren't feeling well and I thought OMG-maybe she's pregnant." Is that a sixth-sense parent thing?! ....I'm sure she knew all along ;) 


For Dustin's dad, we had the help of our four-legged family member Rosco! We also ran with this adorable onesie to reveal our big news...and Mike was surprised! We absolutely loved his reaction-but thought we would hold back with the photo-op ;) 

Anyways-sorry for the novel! Our next surprise is finding out the gender of baby A! I can't believe it's almost that time! Continue to follow along with Smitten By You for more details :)

XOXO | Mandy Nicole 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover