Thursday, March 31, 2016

Truth Thursday: Taking on the World of Blogging




















































Photos by: Tess Ware & Lay Marie 
Out details below 

Striped chambray Shirt: Thread & Supply {Dry Goods} | White Denim: Nordstrom | Phlox Collar Necklace: BaubleBar | Sunnies: Urban Outfitters | Purse: Similar here | Shoes: Old {similar

The first time I realized what my passion was, my "nitch," what truly intrigued me, was scrolling through the feeds of Cara Loren {the original Instagram fashion goddess}, Robyn Stewart, Jade Scott {A Spoonful of Style}, Alyson Haley {Sequence and Things}, and Emily Gemma {The Sweetest Thing}....just to name a few! 

I remember thinking this is it. I understand this. These women are so creative, fashionable, funny, and SO confident {not to mention ridiculously stunning}. I really wanted to give the whole blogging thing a shot......

Now rewind back four years...I remember sitting at a table with my girlfriends talking about our goals, what our passions were, and what drove us to want to achieve all of these things. Without hesitation I remember saying...."one day I want to have my own fashion blog. Not a place where I just talk about my purchases, certainly not to brag about what I own, or to encourage others to buy what I wear necessarily...but to truly create an outlet where I could talk about day to day life, my taste in clothes, honest to god struggles, small victories, and to connect with other great blogger babes." #sorryfortherunonsentences #buttruth

So why didn't I take my goal, my dream, my passion and make it into a blog that very next day? {2 years for that matter}. Four words... fear, intimidation, insecurities, and unenlightenment.  I was literally at a loss and couldn't even begin to imagine how others began such a confusing process. 

My advice? Blogging' ain't easy, but living out your passion is! Stay true to yourself and the other pieces will follow. Live a little more, connect with others, and if it doesn't bring fulfillment or joy in the least...get up, shrug it off, and move on! 

As always thanks for showing your love and support!

XOXO | Mandy Nicole






1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to see you pursuing blogging, I am so excited to follow you along on your journey! Also that necklace is adorable, I've had my eye on it for weeks!!
    xo, Syd
    anchoredinthesouth.com

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover